Note: The default working mode of a Location is Built-in Network Server.
- To add a gateway, click the Add gateway button that is in the Gateways tab of your Location.
Figure 17: Gateways tab
- To add the gateway you will need its serial number and EUI. They can be found either on a sticker on the back of the device or in the Web UI > Status > Overview > System. Fill in the needed information in the Add gateway window in WisDM and click the Add gateway button.
Figure 18: Add gateway page
- As this is your first gateway, it is added as a central gateway (main gateway).
Figure 19: Added central gateway
- Now, you can add more gateways in this location by clicking the Add gateway button again. Note that the menu is different than before. There are two adding options.
Figure 20: Adding extender gateways
On the left, you can add existing Unassigned gateways or add multiple gateways at once with the Upload CSV option.
On the right, you can add the gateways one by one, by filling up their serial number, EUI, and optionally a name. After you fill in the required information, click Add.
- The gateways added using either option will show in the Gateways available section with status OK. If there is a problem, the gateway will show in the Gateways unavailable section.
To finalize the adding process, choose the gateways you want to add to the Location from the Gateways available and click the Add gateways button.
Figure 21: Adding extender gateways
- Your extender gateway is added to your Location.
Figure 22: Successfully added gateways